Title: Project Clinician:
Reporting To: Project Coordinator
Location: UHRN Secretariat Kampala
Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN) is a youth led drug user initiative established in 2008 to respond to the drug use crisis in Uganda. The network works to advocate for practical interventions aimed at supporting and addressing issues of drug users. UHRN aims at building networks and empowering drug users to advocate for favourable legal and policy environment as well as change in norms, attitude and practices that impact negatively on drug users in Uganda. Uganda Harm Reduction Network, is therefore seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to join our organisation for the above mentioned post. The Clinician should be an experienced professional responsible for efficient, effective and safe service delivery to People who Inject and use drugs through community outreach activities.
Key Performance Areas:
- Attend and manage patients (Drug Users) as per the MOH guidelines either at the secretariat or during outreach activities.
- Timely referral of patients to UHRN referral points
- Inform or call a doctor immediately in case of a patient‘s problem that can’t be solved at his/her level.
- Ensure proper and correct patients information is filled in the patient’s (Drug Users) data base
- Ensure full, correct and legible patients (Drug Users) data is registered and maintained at the designated place of work
- Adhere to the MOH clinical guidelines and ensure that they are visible and implemented.
- Ensure health education is undertaken daily and health informative materials are available and accessible to the communities and other stake holders.
- Carry out minor procedures when necessary.
- Participate in training the supportive staff either on the spot or in scheduled trainings.
- Conduct regular meetings with the health committee leaders that are within the hotspot and community catchment area and give feedback.
- Work hand in hand with the project counsellor
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary by the camp doctor, hospital director, or clinical service manager.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- At least a diploma in Clinical studies or related discipline from a recognized institution
- More than three years’ experience working with key populations including PWUDs highly desirable.
- Must have managerial skills and life skills training
- Must be able to communicate effectively;
- Knowledge of working with Key populations most importantly People who Use and Inject Drugs
- Be able to guide the client through at least the early stages of recovery, but the recovery process ultimately belongs to the patient.
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals.
- Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience
- Peer education training
- Must understand the dynamics of PWUDs and nature of their life style.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Has a strong performance orientation and skilful strategic thinking. Establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
- The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required. Maintains focus on priorities.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications are essential.
- A high degree of integrity and ability to coordinate all aspects of events
- Ability to coordinate and lead community meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than Friday 25th November 2016, clearly mentioning the position you are applying for. CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.