Title: Programs Officer:- Networking and Referral
Reporting To: Project Coordinator
Location: UHRN Secretariat Kampala
Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN) is a youth led drug user initiative established in 2008 to respond to the drug use crisis in Uganda. The network works to advocate for practical interventions aimed at supporting and addressing issues of drug users. UHRN aims at building networks and empowering drug users to advocate for favourable legal and policy environment as well as change in norms, attitude and practices that impact negatively on drug users in Uganda. Uganda Harm Reduction Network, is therefore seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to join our organisation for the above mentioned post. The Networking and Referral officer should be an experienced professional responsible for efficient, effective and safe service delivery to People who Inject and use drugs and the Network members.
Key Performance Areas:
The programme officer will report to the project coordinator and specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing support towards effective implementation of the HIV and Harm Reduction programmes.
- Ensure that stakeholder / member organizations are encouraged to determine any other communication needs and problems especially in respect reaching isolated or hard to reach target audiences
- To prepare appropriate and regular information / case study reports on the work of the Network / Network members for partners and donors
- Providing UHRN with information needed for planning and programmes management
- Producing reports in sufficient time for internal review process to be completed and the final report sent to the donor before the due date.
- Strengthening internal and partner’s capacities to conduct effective programme management.
- Managing and coordinate scheduled reporting to meeting institutional donor reporting requirements
- Establishing and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations.
- Developing ideas and project for formal collaboration with targeted development agencies, policy and research organizations.
- Contributing to relevant policy debates and discussions ensuring UHRN has increasing policy influence.
- Strengthen UHRN referral system
Personal attributes and knowledge
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling UHRN values
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UHRN
- Knowledge and understanding of issues of human rights, social justice with a passion for community development, understanding and concern for issues affecting people who use drugs (PWUDs).
- Displays strong cultural, gender, religion, race, nationally and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience of managing and delivering training and capacity building of staff of differing skills and abilities.
- Ability to work alone, take initiative and manage diverse teams with a transparent, accountable and consultative style.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors in Development studies, Social Sciences or other relevant disciplines from a reputable tertiary education institution.
- At least 3-5years of working experience and track record in programme management.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling UHRN’s values
- Be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent writing, reporting and research skills
- Capacity to conceptualize programme intervention.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way
- Able to work as part of the team in a cooperative and supportive way.
- Strong IT skills.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking. Establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
- The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required. Maintains focus on priorities.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications are essential.
- A high degree of integrity and ability to coordinate all aspects of events
- Ability to coordinate and lead community meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than Thursday 11th May 2017, clearly mentioning the position you are applying for. CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.