Donate to Uganda Harm Reduction Network & Change Lives
If you would like to Donate to UHRN, fill in the UHRN Donation Form and email it to: email@example.com or Post it to: P O Box 31762, Kampala Uganda;
If you would like to volunteer at UHRN, fill in the UHRN VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Post it to: P O Box 31762, Kampala Uganda;
Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN) is a youth led drug user network established in 2008 and registered under Reg. No. 181733 to respond to the drug use crisis in Uganda. The network works to advocate for practical interventions aimed at supporting and addressing issues of men and women who use drugs. The network also seeks to provide a national platform for health and policy programs that promote good practices and advocate for a supportive environment for the adoption, implementation and expansion of harm reduction programs for people who use drugs (PWUDs) in Uganda. Currently UHRN’s geographical focus includes the following regions and districts: Central Region (Kampala, Mukono, Wakiso, Kalangala, Lyantonde, Rakai, and Nakasongola), Eastern Region (Busai, Tororo-Malaba and Mbale), Western Region (Kasese, Mbarara, and Kabale-Katuna) and Northern Region (Gulu and Arua). Uganda Harm Reduction Network through its programming is committed to raise awareness and promote effective access to quality prevention, treatment, care and support services for people who use drugs living with and affected by HIV, TB, Hepatitis and other related health issues and lobby and advocate for a national platform for better health and policy programmes that promote good practices and supportive environment for the expansion and implementation of harm reduction programmes for people who use drugs (PWUDs) in Uganda
What will you be investing in by giving to UHRN?
- A shelter (safe space) where recovering Drug Users can live safely for three to four months;
- Economic empowerment programmes which give the drug users skills and confidence to become financially more independent;
- Promotion of drug user’s Health, Human Rights and Economic Empowerment Programme;
- Supporting UHRN’s Outreach, Care and Support Programme for drug users;
- Promotion of UHRN’s Advocacy, Partnerships and Knowledge Management Programme;
- Free legal assistance that helps drug users to apply for protection orders;
- On-site partner organisations which provide specialised counselling (e.g. Overdose , HIV/AIDS, TB, Cancer, Hepatitis B & C and trauma) and job skills training.
- For the drug users in the Shelter Houses: bedding, clothing, curtains, furniture, non-perishable food, small appliances, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, towels.
- For the organisation: office supplies, small car for the Outreach Project.
- For the building and grounds: conference tables and chairs (to replace, where necessary), curtains, garden tools, paint, stackable plastic chairs.
What will your annual return on this investment be?
- 2500 drug users participating in UHRN’s partnership programmes, and leaving more empowered through empathic and supportive counselling, skills training and greater awareness of their rights;
- 200 drug users living in safe accommodation, who also benefit from counselling, life- and job-skills training and psycho-educational workshops and go back to their communities strengthened and supported by their shared experiences;
- continued growth of the number of services available from UHRN;
- increased ability of UHRN staff to consult to other organisations wanting to start similar supportive drug user organizations, thus enabling more drug users to access essential services;
- transparent and accountable reporting to donors;
- Mention on the UHRN website of your contribution and support.
You can donate your time, as a volunteer at UHRN. Volunteers are valued contributors to the work of so many organisations these days.
At Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN), volunteers work mostly with our outreach team and clients. They conduct field visits, sensitize and promote safer injecting practices, safer sex education, condom distribution, syringe exchange program, psychosocial support and counseling, health & human rights information sharing amongst drug users and sensitization of the communities on issues concerning drug users. This is done through our peer led mechanism.
If you would like to volunteer at UHRN, fill in the UHRN VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM and email it to: email@example.com or Post it to: P O Box 31762, Kampala Uganda; a Staff will contact you.
Donations can be made in the following ways:
Please make your cheque payable to Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN) and post it to:
P O Box 31762, Kampala Uganda;
For bank details:
Please contact us:
Telephone: +256414664630, +256704393161
Write: P O Box 31762, Kampala Uganda;
If you would like to Donate to UHRN, fill in the UHRN Donation Form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Post it to:
P O Box 31762, Kampala Uganda;
Thanks for your Interest
Leave a Reply